“I am creating a place for people to forget their troubles for a while. It is important in the world we are living in today.”
― David Morales
David Morales is a true vanguard in the world of dance music and the efforts of the Brooklyn native remains unparalleled. As a working DJ, remixer, and producer for over 25 years some of his accomplishments are as follows:
- Debut album by artist David Morales & The Bad Yard Club, The Program, released 1993 on Mercury Records (Universal) featuring club and radio hit, “In de Ghetto”
- 1996 Grammy Award Nominee for Producer of the Year; Mariah Carey’s album, Daydream for the song, “Fantasy”
- 1997 Grammy Award Nominee for Remixer of the Year
- 1998 Grammy Award Winner for Remixer of the Year
- Released “Needin’ U” in 1998 on his own label, DMI Records, under the alias “The Face.” The track licensed to Mercury Records UK soon became a #1 Dance Record and video which is still being licensed and covered around the world.
- Modeled for Iceberg Jeans in 2000-2001. His face appeared on buses, billboards and magazines such as L’Uomo, GQ and Vogue (U.S., British and Italian) as part of a world wide campaign.
- Co-owned the legendary club, Stereo, in Montreal from 2003-2008.
- Ultra Records releases Morales’ second album entitled Two Worlds Collide in 2005. The first single, “How Would U Feel,” proved successful on the dance floor while “Here I Am” performed by UK artist Tamra is prominently featured in the smash 2006 film, The Devil Wears Prada. “Feels Good,” performed by Angela Hunte landed a major position in the end credits of 2008 film Don’t Mess with the Zohan.
- Remixed and produced over 500 releases for artists including Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Eric Clapton, Pet Shop Boys, U2, Whitney Houston, and Jamiroquai to name a few.
- Participated in the 2006 “ALDO FIGHTS AIDS” campaign
- Has appeared on numerous TV shows and documentaries shown on the BBC, MTV, Music Plus, BET, and Tokyo TV to name a few.
- Hosts a Sunday night radio show on Paris radio station FG DJ Radio.
- Owns and operates Def Mix Productions with his manager/partner Judy Weinstein representing Frankie Knuckles, Satoshi Tomiie and Hector Romero.
- Continues to tour North America , South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia as a DJ
- Continues as a resident DJ at Pacha Ibiza
- Currently working on his new studio album due out in 2011